Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Foundation work

The foundation of the Fairfield went together fairly easily. I wanted to add something to the foundation to make it look more realistic. I found some resin wall pieces that are actually 1" scale field stone walls. Cut down and applied to my Fairfield they make a perfect 1/2" scale rock foundation. Adapting 1" scale items for 1/2" scale items really takes some imagination but I think that this really works.
"Field stone" wall before being cut to size

Foundation work
The walls and siding will come down to meet the "rock" foundation. As you can also see in the picture I have chosen some lattice that I'm going to use on the porch part of the foundation. I think I will leave it as natural wood instead of painting it. I may stain it...the jury is still out on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment